Esters are an integral part of almost all anti-aging products in professional skincare lines. However, along with them in such compositions, one can also see a number of preservatives, fragrances and other chemical compounds, the aggressive effect of which on the skin of the face and body cannot be called positive. Effective cosmetics for any mature skin can be prepared independently using cheap and popular essential oils for sagging and wrinkles.
With this approach, you will be able to control the composition of the drug and change its recipe taking into account the type of skin and significantly save on skin aging products.
What essential oils to use?
Esters are self-sustaining biologically active substances that are powerful natural antioxidants. Since these are concentrated compounds, they should be applied to the skin with a base, which most often acts as an oily substance.
Among the most effective oils for aging face and body skin, it is worth highlighting:
- Rose - moisturizes well, deeply nourishes the epidermis, has strong tonic properties, for rejuvenation, the ability of this drug to restore insufficient elasticity of aged skin is valuable.
- Primrose - improves collagen production, has an antioxidant effect, moisturizes well.
- Frankincense is effective against deep wrinkles, removes age spots, the rejuvenating properties of the oil appear quickly, the skin of the face becomes smoother, its water balance is regulated.
- Carrot - like the vegetable itself, the oil based on it is rich in carotene, vitamins and useful trace elements. It allows you to maintain youth and protects against the premature appearance of wrinkles on the body.
- Myrrh - used against mimic wrinkles and premature aging, the composition is indicated for increased dryness of the skin of the body.
- Rosehip - rich in retinol - a substance that destroys free radicals (the main cause of wrinkles). Useful for preserving youth and protecting the skin from the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation. Rose hips are also rich in fatty acids.
- Rosemary: For aging skin, this oil's ability to regenerate skin cells and increase blood circulation is invaluable. The anti-aging cosmetic procedures based on this oil make the skin particularly smooth, evens out its color and give it a beautiful healthy tone.
- Macadamia - prized for its high palmitoleic fatty acid content, which gives skin tone. This acid is produced in the body, but with age it is produced less and less and the skin's elasticity suffers.
- Palmarosa - suitable for aging of the skin of the face and body, the tone of which has suffered during prolonged exposure to dangerous sun exposure. This oil is useful against the first signs of aging (fine and shallow wrinkles), has an anti-inflammatory effect, stimulates cell regeneration.
- Rosewood is a composition used as a prophylaxis against the appearance of wrinkles.
- Fennel - moisturizes the skin well, tones it and cleanses it at the same time, it is indicated for maintaining the elasticity of the skin of the face and body, it has strong anti-aging properties.
- Neroli (bitter orange) - acts on the capillaries, restoring their structure, effective in maintaining the elasticity of the skin.
Good results can be achieved in the fight against skin blemishes and age-related wrinkles if you use only high-quality natural oils.
How to use oils
Before using any essential oil, it is advisable to test for an allergic reaction. As the skin ages, it is important to choose formulations that do not cause noticeable discomfort, firm the skin or cause redness.
Anti-aging procedures with essential oils must be performed on well-cleansed skin. Concentrated essential oils are rarely used alone, their blends are more often used. They can be applied neat or added to daily care creams of the appropriate type and purpose.
To maintain the elasticity of the skin, the following oil application scheme can be used:
- the composition is applied to tip and left on the skin for several minutes;
- the entire skin of the face is treated with a herbal ice cube (cold helps to maintain the elasticity of the skin);
- after the shock effect of ice, on the areas most prone to wrinkle formation (the eye contour area, the nasolabial triangle, the neck), the oil is reapplied in small quantities.
Essential oils for wrinkles are not addictive, so they are suitable for daily use. Due to their aroma, such anti-aging procedures have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, soothe, improve mood - have the effect of aromatherapy.
Combinations of essential oils effective against wrinkles
Anti-wrinkle anti-aging formulations usually include several oils, which together can effectively fight the signs of aging on the face and body. It is important to combine oils, given the nature of their effects and the individual characteristics of the skin.
For the preparation of such cosmetic compositions, one of the vegetable oils is chosen as the basis. Suitable olive, grape seed, jojoba, almond or avocado. With deep wrinkles for rejuvenation, the following composition is effective:
To combat the first signs of aging and mimic wrinkles, you can use the following combination as an additional means of care:
Clay masks with essential oils
Clay is a good base for a cosmetic product to maintain elasticity. The mask of such a plan is prepared according to the following technology:
- cosmetic clay powder is diluted to a puree-like consistency (4 dessert spoons is enough for face and neck);
- two tablespoons of high-quality vegetable oil (olive, almond) are carefully added to the composition, into which essential oils are previously introduced;
- mix the ingredients well and thoroughly and dissolve some sea salt crystals in the base;
- the composition is applied as a mask for 20 minutes, washed off as usual with soap-free water.
Fruit or vegetable mask
For the basis of a rejuvenating agent for the elasticity of the skin of the face and body, you can choose fruit or vegetable pulp:
- by fat type - kiwi, apple;
- for dry, prone to peeling - banana, apricot;
- in the presence of pigmentation - cucumber, lemon, parsley.
Esters are added to the base in the amount of 2-3 drops. With such a volume, they do not provoke an increase in the fat content of the skin and effectively affect the epithelial cells.
The eye contour: the rules for using esters
The skin around the eyes is thin, so wrinkles are especially visible on it. Essential oils can be used to maintain elasticity in this area.
Rules for their use:
- essential oils for the skin around the eyes must not enter the mucosa, so it is advisable not to apply them directly near the ciliary arch
- castor oil is ideal as a base for effective cosmetics for this area, you can also use sesame oil (hypoallergenic composition, suitable for sensitive skin), jojoba (effective for preventive purposes)
- it is convenient to apply oils in the form of a compress to the eyelid area - it is impossible to rub the cream into this area
- Suitable esters can be added in small amounts to the halo creams around the eyes
Compositions for elasticity in the eye area usually include a lot of components, so it is inconvenient to prepare them every time. Similar cosmetic preparations can be stored in a glass container in the refrigerator.
To quickly get rid of deep wrinkles near the eyes, apply the composition twice a day for a decade and, after a rejuvenation course, 2 times a week as a preventive measure.
Based on their composition, the products for the elasticity of the eye contour have the most delicate formulation, but they can also be used on all other parts of the body (for example near the lips), where wrinkles are also clearly visible.
Essential oils for dark circles
For a parallel fight against dark circles, it is worth using hazelnut essential oil. It moisturizes the cells well, stimulates blood circulation in this area and does not cause discomfort in combination with any components.
The anti-aging properties of essential oils deserve attention. Using them, you can competently and delicately solve the existing problems of aging and protect yourself from this process.